The IIT-JEE is one of the toughest exams to crack. The reason why students fail to get good score is lack of guidance and wrong preparation methods. Here are some preparation tips that can help you get good score.
- Start your IIT-JEE preparation with your XII books. You can also refer NCERT books prepared by different subject experts. However, do not waste time in using too many reference books. Select a few reference books that suit your learning style.
- The IIT-JEE exams test your basic knowledge of fundamentals. You need to have all fundamentals clear and should be quick in applying that knowledge to solve given set of problems.
- Index topics in terms of priority and weightage they have in IIT-JEE exams and your XII exams
- Try solving last year papers of IIT-JEE. Paper solving will help you understand the nature of questions that come in the exam and help you judge your preparedness for each topic.
- Solving question papers also gives you confidence and concentrate on the time factor. Time management is an important aspect in IIT-JEE and you need to understand when to leave a difficult question and move to the next one.
- If you are not inclined to join any IIT-JEE classes. You can look for good self learning courses online. The best part of learn IIT JEE course online is you get the best guidance and study material and you do not have to spend time in traveling to and fro to the classes.
How to prepare a study plan?
The right study plan for preparing for IIT JEE depends on how early or late you are starting the exam preparations. Students who have given and passed IIT JEE with flying colors say there is nothing such as perfect time table for preparation. Instead of focusing on serious preparation, you should focus on sincere preparation. Some of the tips to study for IIT JEE are
- Always study in a good mood
- You should give as much time as possible.
- Try studying early morning
- Make a list of different work you have to do and decide time for everything and follow the time table religiously
- Do not make big goals. Instead split the goals into smaller ones and try speeding up to reach the goals earlier
- There will be times when you will not have the motivation to study. You should discipline your mind and ensure you never stray away from your IIT JEE preparation.
- Take enough sleep even when the exam date is near. Never compromise on sleep
- Don’t be overconfident about any topic. You never know the difficulty level of questions that might appear in IIT JEE exam
Revision is important
Never let the feeling creep in your mind that you are done with IIT JEE preparation. Revise topics. Don’t forget the fact that revision leads to memorization. It happens that you feel you have completed preparation of a topic. But actually, the preparation is only 40% done. You need to revise topics whenever you have time until you have given IIT JEE examination.