Kerala Engineering and Medical (KEAM) Entrance Examination is organized every year by the Commissioner for Entrance Examinations (CEE) asper instruction received from Kerala Government. It is a common entrance examination which renders the candidate eligible to take admission in architecture,agriculture, veterinary, fisheries, engineering &medical course offered in the colleges located in the state of Kerala.
It is one of the major entrance examinations as both natives of Kerala and students from other states can participate in the examination, every year more than 1.25 lakh students appear in the examination. For the academic session 2016-17, the notification and prospectus are already out and the application from eligible students will be accepted till January 29, 2016. The entrance examination will be conducted on April 25 to 28, 2016.
In this article we will highlight some basic information related to Kerala Engineering and Medical Entrance Examination:
- Eligibility: In order to appear in the Common Entrance Examination, the following conditions are to be fulfilled:
- Nationality: The examination is not domiciled examination, so students from any state can appear in the exam.
- Age: The minimum age of the candidate needs to be 17 years and at there is no upper age limit for the candidates appearing in Common Entrance Examination.
- Educational Qualification: Clearing class 12 or equivalent examination is a mandatory condition for students to appear in Common Entrance Examination.
- Minimum Marks: For admission into all courses candidate must have at least 50% marks in class 12 to be considered for admission.
- Only SC and ST candidates willing to get admission in MBBS/BDS/BSMS can have 40% marks in class 12.
- Application Process: Candidates willing to appear in the examination are required to complete the online application process and take a printout of the filled application form, sign it and forward the same to concerned authorities by speed or registered post.
- Application Fee:SC/STcandidates are required to pay Rs. 500 as application fee while for General candidates the amount is Rs. 1000.
- Payment of Application Fee: The payment of application fee can be done using either of the below-mentioned methods:
- Demand Draft: The demand draft needs to be drawn in favor of “The Commissioner for Entrance Examinations“, payable at Thiruvananthapuram.
- Security Card: The security cards along with the KEAM’s Prospectus can be purchased from selected post offices in Kerala & other parts of the country. The security card will have a unique number which is to be entered in the payment section of the application form.
- Exam Centers: The exam will be conducted at examination centers located in all districts of Kerala, New Delhi, Mumbai, and Dubai.