Joint Entrance Examination (JEE) is a common engineering entrance examination conducted all over India for admission in various engineering colleges and courses. Internationally, it is regarded as the most challenging entrance test. The JEE (Main) of 2017 will be conducted by the JEE Apex board for admission in Engineering Programs at IITs, NITs and IIITs. The following article provides information to the candidates regarding JEE Main 2017.
Changes in the pattern of JEE Main 2017
The Ministry of Human Resource Development Government of India has made the following changes in JEE pattern for 2017:
- In the calculation of JEE (Main) examination ranks, there will be no weightage for XII class marks.
- For an admission in Indian Institute of Technology, Indian Institute of Information Technology, National Institute of Technology or any other Central funded Technical Institute whose admission are based on JEE (Main) ranks, the candidate must have secured at least 75% marks in XII class examination or must be among top 20 percentile in 12th class examination which are conducted by respective boards. The qualifying marks for SC/ST students in XII class examination are 65%.
- The Indian citizen candidates should have AADHAAR card issued by Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI). The candidates will be required to enter their AADHAAR number, name, date of birth and gender which will be validated with UIDAI’s data. The candidate should ensure that their details on AADHAAR card matches with details on other documents otherwise they will not be able to fill the application form.
- The States of Madhya Pradesh, Nagaland, Odisha, Haryana, Uttarakhand, Gujarat and some more institutions have also joined JEE (Main) system, therefore, the candidates from these states are also required to fill JEE (Main)-2017 application form online.
Paper one is for the students aspiring for Engineering Programs (B.E/ B.Tech). The subjects tested in paper one are Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics with equivalent weightage of questions. The mode of an exam can be pen and paper based or computer-based. The question paper is expected to have 90 questions with time duration of 3 hours.
Paper two is for the students interested in architecture. The subjects tested in paper two are Mathematics, Aptitude test and Drawing test with 30, 50 and 2 questions respectively. The mode of an exam is pen and paper based only. The time duration is 3 hours.
Preparation of JEE Main 2017 Examination:
The questions in JEE Main 2017 examination will be of high level and include more than one branch of the subject. The students are expected to have theoretical knowledge of all topics as well as knowledge to apply the concepts in questions.
If the candidate is facing difficulty in studying Mathematics or any other subject then the following tips will help them:
- It is important to develop a passion for the subject that the candidate is dealing with. Therefore, an interest needs to be developed in the subject for better performance.
- The small flash cards can be used for effective learning. Mathematics concepts or any other formulas can be written on these flash cards which can be carried as it is convenient. It will help to save a candidate’s leisure time and flourish interest.
- The candidates should try not to refer to answers while solving questions for every subject. This will help them solve problems in an interactive manner and recognize their mistakes.
- A common practice that can be done is to revise and check through the solution every time. This practice will consolidate the concepts as well as the solution in a student’s mind.
- Some priorities should be set. Some topics are more important than the others so first; the candidate should focus on those topics and prepare them well.
- The candidate should practice the questions from past papers to get familiar with the principles and pattern of JEE (Main) 2017 Entrance examination.
- Time is a limiting factor, therefore; quick understanding of the problem and eliminating the incorrect options will help the candidate in choosing the correct option.
The perfect time to start preparation for JEE (Main) Examination:
The perfect time to start the preparation for JEE (Main) Examination is when almost 50% of class XI syllabus is completed. This will provide the candidate with a lot of valuable time. The candidate can assign time slots to the three subjects and set a functioning timetable.
The online application process will start from 1st December 2016 onwards. The last date for application is 2nd January 2017 and fees can be paid up to 3rd January 2017.
The article is written by online assignment writing help company. The aim of this company is to help students and also provide an academic assistance.