The youngsters are showing more interest into study of Commerce courses after 12 apart from opting the Arts course or the professional courses such as medical and engineering. In the era of globalization, there is abundance of opportunities for the students opting for commerce apart from the stereotype business or selling of goods and services. The field of commerce has expanded its limited world of study.
Selection of the right course is a significant decision in life of any individual pursuing / completed class 12. The major part of the students career starts after class 12 and if they are not serious and right in choosing their career path then they have to face the consequences. The decision of choosing the courses after class 12 is generally taken under the guidance of parents, siblings, or any other person who possess knowledge in the same field.
B.Com and B.com (Hons) in Economics, business studies, accountancy has become very common and customary courses for the class 12 students who are opting for commerce stream. Some of the other specialized courses after 12 commerce stream are as follows:
- Chartered Accountant (CA)
- Bachelor of Business Management (BBM)
- Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA)
- Bachelor of Management Studies (BMS)
- Actuaries which is a very beneficial course for commerce student
Apart from the above mentioned core courses in commerce, any student after class 12 can opt for the following courses irrespective of their commerce background:
- B.Sc in Hotel Management and Hospitality
- Development studies and social work
- Bachelor of Fine Arts (BFA)
- Foreign Language course after class 12
- Bachelor of Psychology
- Bachelor of Music
- Integrated BBA and MBA programme which is offered by IIM Indore.
Jobs after Commerce Graduate
There is plethora of jobs for a commerce graduate. Some of them are as follows:
- Tax consultant
- Import Export Manager
- Finance Consultant
- Event Manager
Significance of studying commerce
Commerce brings abundance of importance to the students pursuing courses after 12 in this stream. The major importance of studying commerce are given below:
- Commerce tries to satisfy human desires: The human desires are increasing day by day with the number of increasing opportunities. Human wants are never ending, so with the help of commerce the increasing human wants has been tried to be satisfied to a great extent.
- Commerce helps increasing the standard of living: Commerce assists people to get desirous goods and services at the right point of time and as a result it helps in enriching the standard of living of the people.
- Commerce connects producers and consumers: Consumers get various information about the newly launched products and services through different commercials and ads. As a result of this the customers visits the producers for their products and services. Thus, in this way commerce helps to create a link between the producers and the consumers.
- Commerce generates employment prospects: Due to increased growth of industrialization and commerce, trade such as banking, transport etc. which has further lead to the expansion of employment prospects.
- Commerce increases nationwide growth: The national income automatically increases as the production increases. Commerce helps in increasing the nationwide growth and income of a particular country.