In pursuance of Ministry of Human Resource Development, Government of India, Notification, the Joint Entrance Examination (Main) - 2016 will be conducted by the JEE Apex Board for
admission to Undergraduate Engineering Programmes in NITs, IIITs and other Centrally Funded Technical Institutions etc.
For admission to NITs, Centrally Funded Technical Institutions (CFTIs) like IIITs etc. and other participating Institutions, the merit/rank list shall be prepared based on 40% weightage to school Boards marks in class 12th or equivalent examination and 60% weightage to JEE(Main). The weightage to school Board/Equivalent examination marks shall be considered only after normalization.
The detailed information bulletin containing details of examination, syllabus, eligibility criteria to appear, examination fee, cities of examination, State code of eligibility, age relaxation, process of normalization of marks, eligibility for admission, reservation policies and important dates will be available on JEE (Main) website www.jeemain.nic.in
The aspiring candidates have to apply online only through JEE (Main) website www.jeemain.nic.in.
Details of Examination:
Online Application Form Submission::
JEE (Main) – 2016 shall have two papers, Paper-1 (B.E./B. Tech.) and Paper-2(B. Arch./ B.Planning). Depending upon on the course (s) candidates are seeking admission, may take Paper-1 B.E./B. Tech.), or Paper-2 B. Arch./ B. Planning), or both.
Subject combination for each paper, type of questions in each paper and mode of examination available is given in the table below.
||Types of Questions
||Mode of Exam
|Paper 1 (B.E./B.
|Objective type with
equal weightage to
Physics, Chemistry &
|Pen and Paper based Exam OR Computer based Exam
|Paper 2 (B.
|Mathematics – Part I
Aptitude Test – Part
II & Drawing Test–
Questions to test
|Only Pen and Paper based Exam
Online application has to be submitted through JEE (Main) -2016 website only;
Seven (7) Steps to be followed to apply online.
For further details and clarifications, candidates may visit or write to:
- Step 1: Download the information bulletin and read it carefully to ensure your eligibility.
- Step 2: Read the contents of Online Format and instructions for applying online given in
the Information Bulletin and keep the entire information ready.
- Step 3: Keep the Scanned Images of your Photograph, Signature and Left Hand Thumb
Impression ready in JPG format only.
- Step 4: Fill in the Online Application Form.
- Step 5: Upload Scanned Images of Photograph, Signature and Left Hand Thumb
- Step 6: Pay Examination Fee by Debit/Credit card or e-challan (generated after submission
of details in online application form).
- Step 7: Download Acknowledgement Slip and keep the same in safe custody for future